Recently I had a few weeks where it seemed like life was just kicking me down. Between a broken phone and car, dental issues, and financial stress I was feeling very overwhelmed.
I just broke down and started to listen to all the lies that the enemy was whispering in my ears. Thankfully, I recognized it and was able to fight with the truth of the Word.
Here are some Bible verses I read that will help you do the same:
1. “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.” (Isaiah 26:3, ESV)
When we keep our minds fixed on Jesus instead of the things that are overwhelming us, He will keep us in His perfect peace.
2. “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30, ESV)
Because Jesus is the one who carries our burdens we can find true rest in Him.
3. “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, ‘My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.’” (Psalm 91:1-2, ESV)
God has promised He will be our safe place to go when the pressures of life get to be too much.
4. “The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe.” (Proverbs 18:10, ESV)
The most powerful name in the world is the Lord’s. We can run there and be safe from the enemy’s schemes.
5. “And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, ‘This is the way, walk in it,’ when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.” (Isaiah 30:21, ESV)
Moments of feeling overwhelmed often come because I doubt what God wants for my life. But He promises He will guide us and we will know the right way.
6. “Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.” (Isaiah 40:30-31, ESV)
This is one of my favorite Scriptures. Even when we get weary in life, simply waiting on the Lord will give us incredible strength and stamina.
7. “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” (Hebrews 13:8, ESV)
When everything in life seems to change at once, know that God is your stability. He will remain loving, faithful, and true.
8. “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28, ESV)
This verse in Romans reminds us that God can’t help but redeem every single situation, no matter how awful it seems.
9. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7, ESV)
Instead of stressing and falling into anxiety, we can tell our heavenly Father exactly how we are feeling. He will give us peace beyond what we could comprehend.
10. “If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.” (Romans 8:11, ESV)
If we really believe this it will change everything! When life gets overwhelming, we have all of God’s power in us to overcome whatever obstacles get in our way.